Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 2017! :)

I am going to try and write monthly updates in my blog so I don't get behind again! The beginning of the year/month, Evan was still getting over the flu. Luckily, he was pretty much over it! We continued to get a lot of snow. Not nearly as much snow as Logan,(they continue to get dumped on!) which makes me miss living there even more! Don't get me wrong, I love being close to our families again, but Cache Valley will always hold a special place in our hearts.

On January 7th, Logan and Rachel got married. We were going to have a new sister-in-law! That day was busy to say the least! They got married at the Bountiful temple at 10 am. We were running late, so we barely made it. It was so, so cold that day! Rachel's younger sister, Jennifer, and friend Ryan watched Braelynn for us in the waiting room. It was a beautiful ceremony. It made me think of our wedding day. :) Afterward, we waited for them to come out and we took pictures. It was freezing! I wanted to be done haha. The pictures turned out great! Evan's uncle drove up our car for us so we could get Braelynn out of the cold. The luncheon was at one. We went home for a little bit then to the church to have lunch. After that, we were able to go home for a little bit more before having to come back for pictures and the ring ceremony. They had a ring ceremony for those who weren't able to attend the sealing. I chased Braelynn around the entire time haha. She wanted to run all over the place during the reception. It was a nice reception, pretty decorations that Tracy and her family did the night before. At the end of the night, they had a send-off with sparklers. I stayed inside because it was too cold. They had a daughter/father dance and a mother/son dance as well as the first dance with the bride and groom. It was really cute! Evan's dad also played them a special song. They cut the cake and smashed it into each other's faces. That's always my favorite part :D Haha. It was nice to see old friends and my family came too! :) I'm excited to have another member of the family and to see Logan and Rachel so happy!








The following Sunday, we went to a mission farewell. Vanina Norton, my little sister's best friend. She is going to serve in Mexico. I'm really excited for her! The week after, we went to a mission homecoming. Evan's cousin, Matt. Braelynn and I just went because Evan wasn't feeling well. We were running late, but luckily, his family saved us a seat!

On January 24th, Evan was blessed to get a raise. He was able to take over a former co-worker's responsibilities. Originally, he wasn't going to get a raise until he got a certification for networking, but since that former co-worker found a new job, they asked Evan to take over for them since he has experience in that field. With that, they offered him a raise. We are truly blessed! I am so grateful for all Evan does for our little family! He is such a hard worker! The same week, I was asked to interview with one of the members of the bishopric in our ward. I knew it was going to be a calling, I just wasn't sure what it would be! I met with the first counselor, he was really nice. I was asked to be a primary worker. I wasn't told what class I would be in, but the primary president was going to get with me and tell me. That Sunday, we went to church. It was actually the first time we had been for the entire block with Braelynn. She was so wiggly haha. Evan and I took turns taking her out to run around. It was the 5th Sunday, so we had a combined meeting for the last hour. After church, I was set apart. The president met with me after and told me I was going to be in the nursery! I'm really excited! Braelynn gets to officially be in nursery next month, but now it will be a little sooner because I will be in there with her. We were nervous to have her start nursery, but now we aren't! I'm really happy about my new calling. :) I really like our new ward, they are really nice and welcoming! :) It's nice to be a part of a more traditional ward again!

January has been a pretty good month! I look forward to next month, especially since Evan's birthday is next month! :) Also, Valentine's Day is three days after! :)


She wanted to wear the bandana. :) She's so cute! 

Feeding herself yogurt :)

Dinner with family :)

Story time with daddy :)

Story time with daddy :) 

Happy baby girl :)

Riding her rocking horse :)

Riding her rocking horse :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment