Thursday, February 1, 2018

December 2017 :)

December started out with me and Braelynn still being sick. :( On the 4th, I had my first doctor's appointment. I forgot how long the first one is! I took Braelynn over to Matt and Rachelle's so Jessie could watch her while I was at my appointment. They wanted me to get a flu shot, but since I was still sick, I decided to wait. I had to get a few things done and meet with the medical assistant before I met my new doctor. I really like her, she is really nice! After I got some things done, I got another ultrasound and I heard our baby's heartbeat :) I love that! I was measuring a week ahead, but my doctor is still keeping me at my June 24th due date until we have the next ultrasound to see if our baby is still growing ahead of the due date. :) After that, I talked to the nurse about medications I can take while pregnant. After I was done with the appointment, I scheduled my next one and went over to the lab down the hall to get a blood and urine sample. I was there for over two hours! I got a print out of the ultrasound, which I loved :) So far, this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first! I went back to Matt's and watched the kids while Jessie got lunch. When she got back, we left and got some lunch. I ended up getting sick and not being able to keep it down. :( A week later, we weren't getting better. I thought my morning sickness was just really bad, but I called the nurse about some nausea medicine and she said we both had an upper GI tract infection... :( I went to store to pick up medication, but it was never sent over until the next day. Jessie watched Braelynn while I went over there so I didn't have to pick her up. The pharmacist gave me something to take in the meantime that has helped out a lot. I got Braelynn more Pedialyte to help her, but it turns out we were giving her too much, so I had to cut back completely. You learn something new every day! After picking up the medication, we went over to my parent's house so we could get a blessing. Evan came over on his way home to help out. My mom gave him some dinner to take home. Evan's work schedule changed to 10am to 6pm, which was nice that he didn't have to wake up early anymore. He finished out the semester with a B and B+. I am really proud of him, he had a rough semester and still got good grades. :) His last semester he is finishing up at Utah State. One online class and one broadcast class that he goes to every other week. That week, we got some Christmas shopping done. We only do four presents each, something you want, something you need, something you wear and something to read. It makes Christmas simpler. We went to Target and got all of Braelynn's gifts, a couple for Evan and he got one for me, but he hid it haha. I late found out what it was. We also got some more wrapping paper and tape. I wrapped Braelynn's toy up when we got home after we put her to bed. We got her a waffle block train set. :) The following Sunday, I finally felt up to making dinner. I made chicken enchiladas. My dad invited us over for dinner, but I said I was up to cooking, so we were staying home. Katie came over and had dinner with us. She brought a gift for Braelynn that my mom wanted to give her before Christmas. It was a very cute dress. :) Braelynn tried it on and loved it, she twirled in it and danced, it was so cute! :) I was 13 weeks on December 17th. I decided to announce we were expecting on Facebook. I wanted to get a picture with Braelynn holding the ultrasound, but that didn't work out so well haha. So, I decided to put it in the tree and take a picture. It turned out really cute. :) I won tickets to a Jazz game through a contest on Facebook. I was really excited to go! Me and Braelynn went to Jordan Landing to get some shopping done for Evan. I finished getting his gifts that day. I dropped her off later and we all had lunch. After that, I went to Target to finish shopping. I got one last gift for Evan, and stocking stuffers and gifts for the names in Evan's family we drew. It felt great to be done! We went to the grocery store, later on, to finish up getting stuff to make treats. it was insane at the stores! We made chocolate covered pretzels, Rolo pretzels, Hershey kiss pretzels with M&Ms, saltine toffee and muddy buddies. Also, on that day, it marked 6 years since Evan proposed to me! :) It's crazy how times flies! It was a lot of fun to have Braelynn help me in the kitchen :) she kept sneaking treats haha it was so cute! The next day, we relaxed for awhile. Evan was going to go with me to the Jazz game, but he was sick now with what we had. :( I felt so bad! Especially before Christmas. I asked Katie if she would go with me, and she said she would. I took Braelynn over to my parent's so they could watch her, Evan wasn't up to it. I hate driving downtown! It really sucks haha. We were going to park across the street from the arena, but it was for permits or passes only, so we parked at the gateway. We got so turned around haha. It was nice though because it wasn't too far away. We walked around the arena trying to figure out what to get for dinner. Everything is so expensive! We finally decided on Hire's, it was one of the cheaper options. It was my first time trying it and I loved it! We both got burgers and fries. We sat outside and ate it and watched the beginning of the game on a TV screen that was by our table. We had gone to our seats, then got our food. Our seats were CLEAR up there haha. The usher gave us a look as if he was sorry we were all the way up there... it was free, so I didn't care too much. Eclipse 6 sang the national anthem and did a halftime show of their Christmas songs :) it was awesome! We didn't stay too long because the Jazz were losing and the seats we were in were making us dizzy they were so high up haha. We left during the 3rd quarter, which was great because there was hardly any traffic. We were asked if we were coming back or leaving for the night, and we said we were leaving for the night. We went out the wrong door and got all turned around haha.. we finally found the stairs we came up and walked to the parking garage. Parking was only 5 bucks, so that was nice! We got lost leaving downtown trying to get to the freeway, haha, but I finally figured out where I was going. :P on the way home, we stopped at Fiiz and got some drinks. Katie got one for her and I grabbed one for Evan. I took it to him, then I took Katie home. Braelynn was sitting on my dad's lap and playing with his trains. :) it was so cute. I stayed for a little bit, then we headed home. Evan wasn't up to going to church the next day, so just me and Braelynn went. They were only having sacrament meeting because it was Christmas Eve. I made more toffee to take to the Christmas Eve party, I also made some green beans to take. Evan wasn't going to go because he wasn't feeling well and he wanted to feel better for Christmas. We went to his family's house first to do the gift exchange and Evan was able to get a blessing. I got leggings and a calligraphy pen set from Phrankee. :) Evan got a Barnes and Noble gift card and Braelynn got a cute bee purse. Evan's parents handed out a few more gifts as well because everyone was there. Logan and Rachel gave Phyllis a gift, it was an ornament saying they were expecting a baby in August 2018! :) Two babies for our family this year, everyone is so excited! We didn't stay long because we had to get to the Bagley family party. I was really excited to go :) It started snowing a little bit on the way, so I took side streets. We ended up not staying very long because I had a terrible migraine and I wanted to leave before it got too bad I wasn't able to drive. I was blocked in, so my cousin Madi had to come move her car. The snow was picking up pretty good now, which was great because we were going to have a white Christmas after all. :) I was so sad we had to leave early, but I wasn't feeling well at all. I wish I wouldn't have taken the freeway because it was hard to see, but we made it home safely. I put Braelynn to bed when we got home and I got our stockings ready for Christmas. :) Evan finished wrapping presents while we were gone. :) the next morning, we looked outside and saw a lot of snow! It was awesome! :) I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We opened up our stockings first, then we went to the front room to open gifts. Braelynn opened hers first, it was so cute :) she had so much fun! She opened up her toy last, and she loved it! I opened mine next. Evan got me some really cute clothes :) a really cute jacket and some cute sweats. :) He opened his last and loved them, it was great :) After that, we went to his parent's house. I gathered up the treats I made for each family and we headed over there. We had some breakfast casserole Phyllis made, it was yummy :) Evan was feeling a little better, so that was great. I gave families their treats I made. We waited for Logan and Rachel to get there before we opened presents. Braelynn got a Peppa Pig house and a playset and some books. Evan got some tools, two small lego sets, and a big London bus set, he was so excited :) I got some Tupperware and baking sheets and a cute necklace. :) It's a lot of fun watching people open their gifts. :) We hung out for a little while. Evan built one of his Lego sets with Nick, then we loaded up the car and headed over to our apartment to pick up the smoked turkey and treats. I went in and grabbed what we needed so only one of us had to go in. We got bombarded with gifts when we got to Matt and Rachelle's house haha, it was awesome! I was being handed gift after gift. Braelynn got so many fun toys! We got a Costco membership from my parents, an Anniversary Inn gift card from Jessie and a PF Changs gift card from Matt and Rachelle. :) We got so many great things from both families! Evan was in the kitchen getting the turkey in the oven, so he missed out on a lot of the presents being opened, but he didn't care haha. My mom gave us the treats from the Christmas Eve party and brought the leftover green beans so we could have for dinner. I had a sinus headache, so I took some medicine and asked Rachelle if she had a rice bag I could use. My grandparents were joining us for dinner, they brought more gifts for each family. Braelynn got a book and we got a blanket set. :) My grandma brought green beans to have with dinner. We had turkey, twice baked potatoes, green beans and some other veggies. It was so yummy! :) We didn't stay long after dinner because Evan wasn't feeling well, so we grabbed some pie to have for later. My grandma made a cherry pie and there was also apple. :) We unloaded all the gifts when we got home and opened a couple for Braelynn, then we put her to bed. Christmas was amazing! It was so much fun to be with both families :) It's my absolute favorite holiday! The next day, Evan either had it off, or he stayed home so he could get some more rest. I honestly can't remember haha. We didn't do too much, we mainly relaxed. At one point during the day, there was another accident right outside our window, and the car went through the fence again! It was scary! I really don't like living right by the busy road... it can be scary! On New Year's Eve, we went over to Matt and Rachelle's for a party. I made muddy buddies to bring. Evan stayed home because he still wasn't feeling well. :( I wasn't planning on staying long so I could spend some time with Evan when we got home. It was a lot of fun :) we played games and had some yummy food. My mom gave Braelynn a Peppa sticker set to play with, it was really cute. :) I think we stayed until 9 or 10, then we headed home. After we got home, I put Braelynn to bed and me and Evan stayed up until midnight. We drank some Martinelli's at midnight to ring in the new year :) December was a lot of fun, despite all of us being sick! I can't believe 2017 is already over! The year went by so fast! I'm excited for the new year, there are so many fun and exciting things to look forward to :)

Here are some pictures from our month :)
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment