Thursday, March 1, 2018

January 2018 :)

I can't believe it's already a new year! 2017 went by so fast! I always love the start of a new year because it brings new beginnings and new goals. Honestly, stuff for this month's blog is probably going to be out of order because I can't remember everything we did in January, and what I do remember is going to be out of order haha. I blame writing about January later than I planned... but life gets busy, and we were sick this month too. I had my 16-week appointment and I was able to schedule my appointment for the gender ultrasound for February 5th. It felt like it was going to take forever to get there! Evan started working on Sundays, he was going to work 2pm to 10pm, so he was still able to go to church with us which was nice. President Monson passed away and President Russell M. Nelson became the new prophet of the church with Elder Oaks and Eyring as counselors. We ran some errands and went to Smith and Edwards in West Jordan. After that, we went to Target and got some things. Evan got a new coat that was on clearance. He played with his new nerf gun with Braelynn when we got home. It was so cute :) On the 14th, Evan went up with his family to see his grandpa, he wasn't doing well. :( I am really glad he got to see him one more time before he passed away. Afterwards, they went to Chuck a- Rama for dinner. I went over to my parent's house for dinner. My mom made stew in the pressure cooker, it was her first time using it and my dad took the lid off too soon at one point and he got burned really bad :( It exploded all over the counter and got all over a lot of things. I helped my mom clean it up. We had Evan come over so he could give my dad a blessing. Earlier in the month, Katie came over one night and we hung out. Evan got us some ice cream :) We finally got a good snow storm toward the middle of the month. It was nice, but we need a lot more. We went to Men's Warehouse with Evan's parents and Nick so they could both get new suits. Evan ended up getting two for $400. They were so nice! He looked really handsome in them :) After that, we went to Fashion Place so we could look at the Lego store. After we were done at the mall, we went to Atlantis Burger to get dinner. It was a busy day! Me and Braelynn went to my parent's for dinner the next day. My mom made yummy chicken and dumplings that we had over rice. I brought some home for Evan to have the next day. :) On the 25th, we went up to Logan because Evan had a doctor's appointment with his rheumatologist. It wasn't until the late afternoon. We met his cousin, Michael for lunch at Old Grist Mill when we got to town. It was a pretty good place. He couldn't stay very long because he had to get back to work. Braelynn kept standing up and saying hi to the kids behind us, it was cute. :) After lunch, we went to the Utah State campus store and got a couple of things. We got Braelynn a ball set that she loved. :) After that, we went to Aggie Ice Cream. It was so good, but we all got too much so we didn't finish it. We went to Best Buy after that to pass time before his appointment. It was starting to snow, and it was coming down pretty good. We weren't sure if we were going to go home that night. Evan had to get an X-Ray on his neck while we were there. The roads were really bad after we left the doctor's. We went to the Wal-Mart at the south end of town and got some stuff to stay the night since we didn't bring anything. The snow had stopped a little after we got out of the store, so Evan wanted to try and go home. We ended up saying a prayer because we didn't know what we needed to do. We slipped a little on the main road when we were driving, so Evan pulled into the Comfort Inn at the end of town. I'm glad we felt we needed to stay because we weren't sure how bad the road in the canyon was. I also had a really bad migraine, so I wasn't up to doing a lot. We got food to eat out of the vending machine, some mac and cheese and popcorn haha. Evan wasn't hungry, so me and Braelynn ate. I took some medicine and it helped. We got a king size bed, and originally we were going to have Braelynn sleep with us, but she was so wiggly. We remembered the playpen was in the trunk, so Evan got it out for her to sleep in. It was so cold in our room, even with the heater on. At 3am, I woke up and got her out of her playpen and put her in bed with us. Evan had a feeling she needed to sleep with us. I'm glad she did, because she was cold. The next morning, I grabbed breakfast from the dining room for us and brought it back. After that, we packed up and headed home. On the way home, we stopped by RC Willey in Salt Lake and got Braelynn a cheap Kindle Fire. We had to go pick it up at the warehouse in West Valley. I set it up when we got home. Evan took the focus to get renewed. When he was done, he picked up lunch at Cafe Rio. That Sunday, me and Braelynn went over to Evan's parent's house to have dinner with them. It was yummy :) We didn't do much the rest of the month. January was a pretty good month :)


















































No comments:

Post a Comment