Saturday, January 29, 2011

Me, myself and my EMT Skills...

I always knew my EMT skills would come in handy one day, and it most certainly has helped in the past. Today it helped out a lot to say the least. I was going to make myself some lunch, but I needed to open a bag. I couldn't find the scissors, so I used a knife(bad idea..:/) The knife slipped and cut my finger in an upward position. It kept on bleeding and not stopping. I stayed calm and applied direct pressure for quite some time and it finally stopped. It hurt pretty bad.. :/ definitely not a fun experience with a kitchen knife. I am not sure if I want to use a knife again..or not that particular knife.. I also was able to help Tisha out today. She cut her thumb really bad on some glass, but they were going to the Opera. When they got back, she told me I needed to help her with her cut. It was pretty deep. I asked around for some hydrogen peroxide and got some from Taylor, as well as cotton swabs. I cleaned her wound up and felt really good about myself. I was able to help someone in need and use some amazing skills that I have learned. This is why I want to be a doctor so badly, so I can help those in need...help them feel comforted. I stayed calm throughout 'doctoring' Tisha up. It was pretty neat(yes, I am a nerd..) I am grateful for skills such as these so I can help people and bring them comfort.





I am a certified Emergency Medical Technician. I love to help people. I can't wait to carry these skills further when I become a doctor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment