Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December is upon us. :)

December is upon us! Where did November go? Thanksgiving has passed, which might I add, is never a disappointment! My mom is the most amazing cook out there. It was great going home for Thanksgiving. :) . It was great being home..I didn't want to leave. I was able to spend some quality time with my wonderful family. It was a great week. Not to mention, I went to the Jazz game with my brother, Matt. They played the Lakers. They were down by 19, but the comeback kings did it again. They beat the Lakers 106-98 in what had to be the most intense, frustrating and annoying game I have ever witnessed! Matt and I were surrounded by Laker fans that were driving us nuts, so we had to be extra loud to scream over the Laker fans. I almost lost my voice. It was well worth it though-what a great game! They never disappoint when I go to games-they haven't lost once since I have been to a Jazz game. :) Not only did the Jazz beat the Lakers, but the big Utah/BYU rivalry game was last weekend, and Utah won on a blocked field goal in the final seconds of the game. Everyone was going crazy at our house. It was awesome because we were putting up the Christmas tree and screaming about the game at the same time. Good times. :) I cannot wait to go back home in a couple weeks. In the mean time, I must stay  focused on classes, especially finals that are coming up. Soon, I will be going home, finals will be over, and my first semester of college will be in the books. Pretty crazy how fast time flies. I can't believe it's already December and 2010 is almost over! What a great year it has been too! :) I have had so many great memories this year, I only hope to make more once 2011 comes around. :) Until then, I am SO EXCITED for Christmas! It is only my favorite holiday! :) It really is the best time of year in my opinion. Family, friends. tradition, love, yummy food, snow, lights on Temple Square...and OH SO MUCH MORE! I know I have said it already, but I absolutely love this time of year. :) It really brings out the warm fuzzies. :) Haha. As crazy as this sounds, I love to get bundled up and be all warm and cozy. I love playing in the snow. I am determined to make a snow man and snow cave sometime soon. :) It really brings out the little kid in me. When I go home, I will have to recruit my little sisters to help me build a snow cave and have a snow ball fight. :) Another thing I love is my dogs love to play in the snow! It is one of the cutest things ever when they run through the snow! I was able to see that when I was home for Thanksgiving. Indiana adores the snow, I think she would have a dog house made of of snow if she could. :) This time of year is also great for fantastic soup-especially made by my mom. :) She makes the most amazing soup ever! Not to mention she is already an amazing cook. :) It really warms you up after having a big bowl of her soup. :) This time of year is also great because there are a lot of traditions....making yummy Christmas treats, spending quality time with family, Christmas shopping, putting up the Christmas tree, trips to Temple Square, Christmas Eve. party with extended family...staying up late that night because we are too excited to sleep. :) One of my favorite parts is waking up Christmas morning. I don't care what they say, you are never too old to be really excited to wake up on Christmas morning. :) I just love the feeling of this time of year....I could honestly not care too much about the gifts, I love giving and serving around this time of year...just being surrounded by those I love is good enough for me. :) That's what Christmas is all about in my opinion. Family, tradition, giving, and love. :) I can't wait to go home and get ready for Christmas! :) The best time of the year!!









Christmas 2009- Emily and I at the annual Family Christmas Eve. Party. :)
















Snow! Isn't it great when it snows on Christmas?? :) I love a White Christmas! :)


















Beautiful Salt Lake Temple in December. :) I love the layout of the lights on Temple Square-they do such an amazing job! :) A lot of great memories with going to Temple Square around Christmas time. :)










December is upon us!! :) The best time of year is here, spread the cheer. :) Christmas will soon be here, 24 days and counting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Really? I thought I told you! I'm pretty sure I did anyway! Haha :) Yeah, we are. :)

    ReplyDelete